Free Legal Help for Residents of Cook County
Call the CCLAHD hotline at 855-956-5763 to learn how you can get help resolving your housing and debt problems. All services are available at no cost to Cook County residents and property owners regardless of income, language, or immigration status. The hotline is open Monday-Friday from 9:00-4:30.
CCLAHD Can Help If
- You are a renter facing eviction
- You are a landlord seeking to evict a tenant
- You are being sued for an unpaid debt
- You need to sue someone who owes you money
- You are behind on your mortgage or property tax payments
Call 855-956-5763 to get help today.
The Circuit Court of Cook County Mortgage Foreclosure Mediation Program is a FREE countywide program to help homeowners who are behind on their mortgage. If you are facing foreclosure of your home, call the mortgage foreclosure helpline at 855-452-2637 to speak with an attorney and certified housing counselor for:
- Legal advice
- Housing counseling
- Negotiating or reviewing a settlement agreement, and/or payment plan
- Referral to full legal representation
- Mediating an agreed upon move-out plan
There are no income requirements, no immigration status is required, and the program is not a public charge benefit.
Mortgage payment assistance of up to $60,000 is available for eligible homeowners.
Lawyers and other legal professionals can volunteer with ERP program partners to provide brief services to community members struggling with housing and debt problems. Learn more about the many ways to get involved.
The Early Resolution Program is being provided through Cook County Legal Aid for Housing and Debt (CCLAHD), a county-wide initiative to help resolve eviction, foreclosure, debt, and tax deed issues.
- CARPLS Legal Aid
- Greater Chicago Legal Clinic
- Center for Conflict Resolution
- Law Center for Better Housing
- Center for Disability & Elder Law
- Legal Aid Chicago
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services
- Legal Aid Society of Metropolitan Family Services